Saturday, February 04, 2006

Thank God It's Friday

Actually, to be more accurate, it's now Saturday. Past 2am.

I've been looking forward to this day all week long. Not for any special reason except that I'm off from work Saturday and Sunday. FINALLY the weekend rolled around.

I'll be spending the entire weeekend just resting, catching up on sleep I've lost during the entire week, and watching videos (and eating).

I have, from the library, 6 DVDs of the Brit-com "Keeping Up Appearances"

I've seen a smattering of episodes here and there on the local PBS station (on Saturday evenings), but many of the episodes on the DVDs I have not seen. (right now, that channel, 21, is playing an old movie called The Animal Kingdom with Leslie howard)

Also, from Netflix, I have rented the 1954 tv show "Public Defender"

Originally, I was at the "FYE" store at the mall which sells DVDs, DVD players, movies, video games, CDs, CD players, etc., etc. In a discount bin they had volumes 1 and 3 of Public Defender (but not volume 2). They were going for 6.99 each. I decided not to buy it, thinking that maybe I could rent it from Netflix. Suire enough, Netflis has it, and they have so far sent me volume 1. Why I have only 1 DVD from Netflix? Normally I'm on the 4 out plan at Netflix, but I have already sent back my other 3 DVDs to them. I want them to get my returns in time because on Feb. 7, Tuesday, they are releasing the second season of the tv show Emergency. And in order to get the discs and not have to put up with a wait (Emergency is sure to be a popular rental which will wind up making many renters wait for that particular series), one has to be sure that Netflix gets the returns by Monday. It's not foolproof, but it works some of the time.

Anyways, the Public Defender DVD has only 4 half hour episodes on it, so I'll be mostly relying on the Keeping Up Appearances DVDs to keep me entertained.

Wait a sec...let me check the Netflix and Blockbuster websites.....See what I'm supposed to expect in tomorrows mail....

Okay, I'm supposed to get disc 1 of season 1 of the detective series, Kojak. I'm not a particular fan of that series, and reruns of that series hasn't aired in my area in decades. But when it did, I watched a few episodes here and there. I thought that maybe I'll give that show another chance. If I dont like the first disc, I wont bother to rent the others.

And I'm also expecting "Laverne & Shirley: Season 1: Disc 3". I used to watch that series in reruns alot. A spin off of Happy Days. Just got the urge to rent that series. They have as of yet to release season 2.

Geez, Netflix isn't even acknowledging one DVD that I returned a while ago: "Lotsa Luck: The Complete Series: Disc 1". Apparently they got discs 2, 3, and 4. I had so much trouble getting disc 1 to begin with. The first disc went missing, I reported it, and had them send a replacement. Then the missing disc turned up, I watched it, returned it, they acknowledged getting it. Then the replacement came in the mail and I returned that without even watching it and they have as of yet ot receive it.

Lotsa Luck ran for only one season, 1973-1974. It starred Dom Deluise as Stanley Belmont. A guy who worked in the Lost and found Department of a bus company. It's a pretty good series. Not great, but ok.

Now, lets see what I should be expecting in tomorrows mail from Blockbuster....

Everybody Loves Raymond: The Complete Third Season - Disc 2

THAT was SUPPOSED to come in todays mail, but it did not.

Ship date: 01/31/2006
Estimated arrival: 02/03/2006

3-4 day delivery. Par for the course for Blockbuster.

Well, I'm getting tired. Now on to enjoy my weekend as best I can. Because before I know it, the weekend be all over and it'll be Monday again.

website statistics


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?