Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mark Steyn: Your car can't run on Congress' hot air

An excellent article on the recent congressional hearings of the oil industry:

Mark Steyn: Your car can't run on Congress' hot air

EXCERPT:


I was watching the Big Oil execs testifying before Congress. That was my first mistake. If memory serves, there was lesbian mud wrestling over on Channel 137, and on the whole that's less rigged. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz knew the routine: "I can't say that there is evidence that you are manipulating the price, but I believe that you probably are. So prove to me that you are not."

Had I been in the hapless oil man's expensive shoes, I'd have answered, "Hey, you first. I can't say that there is evidence that you're sleeping with barnyard animals, but I believe that you probably are. So prove to me that you are not. Whatever happened to the presumption of innocence and prima facie evidence, lady? Do I have to file a U.N. complaint in Geneva that the House of Representatives is in breach of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?"

Labels:

website statistics


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?